Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pinterest Challaenge: Part II

Pocket Hand Warmers Fleece VANILLA CREAM Hearts Eco Friendly by WormeWoole

When I saw a pin for these cute hand warmers, I decided to make my own version.  These are for sale on Etsy on WormeWoole's shop here.  I love the cute heart shape but since I'm less of a pro, I decided to make some little squares instead.

I used an old cotton baby blanket from a thrift store.  Baby linens are amazing because they're always plentiful in thrift stores and are even better used!  I like some of the cutesy animal designs too but this blanket was a nice simple pattern with polka dots.  I sewed two 2.5" squares together leaving a little hole to turn the fabric inside out.  I had to use a piece of paper to make a funnel small enough to fill the packet with a mixture of rice and lavender.  I then sewed the hole to close off the packet.  I made three total.  Two were sent to my package pal which I'll blog about later but I kept one for me.  30 seconds in the microwave and my hands are toasty warm and happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment