Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A little bit of Atlanta: WonderRoot



Last week I stopped by the WonderRoot arts center to try and attend their ceramics class.  Unfortunately there was a miscommunication between myself and the teacher so I didn't get to play with clay but I did get to hang out a bit in WonderRoot’s community garden. 







The weather in Atlanta is perfect right now, temps in the mid-high 70’s all day, cooler nights that are perfect for snuggling up under a blanket.  This is the time of year I can’t stand to be indoors!







I love the mix of a community garden, painted found objects, and graffiti.  I’m not sure if the graffiti was done by an artist for WonderRoot or if it was already there.


There is a usable swing in the garden but the hammock was looking a little worse for wear…



This little guy followed me around crying.  He was shy at first and kept a good distance but he eventually came up to where I was and lay down next to my truck.  I’m guessing he gets fed by someone around there on a regular basis.  He was most displeased that I hadn’t brought him anything.



If you're in Atlanta and haven't checked it out yet be sure to stop by! Check out their website here.


No comments:

Post a Comment