Sunday, September 23, 2012

Art Doll House

I've always loved miniatures. I put away my doll house when I reached my teen years but it's still all in storage, waiting to be rescued when I have a little girl (who probably won't like mommy playing with her toys more than her). Recently, I stumbled across images of fairy houses on the internet. Many are set up as little doors into tress or just the outsides of the houses but a few are like little doll houses themselves set up for fairies to come in and relax. I saw one in particular that was covered in moss and looked so cute. When I saw this little house for sale in a consignment shop, I couldn't resist. I'm going to try to make it into an "art" doll house, or a home for fairies. What do I mean by an "art" doll house? Mainly that I'm going to try to make most of the furniture that goes into it rather than buying it and decorate it as a whole to look very ethereal and whimsical. Who know what I'll wind up with, it might be a disaster but I have found that moss is surprisingly easy to work with. Just get a glue gun and pin it down. It's naturally messy appearance makes any arrangement look great! More updates to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment